One of my favorite “healthy” snacks is a yogurt parfait! I absolutely love plain ol’ vanilla yogurt topped with fruit and granola!
So, this recipe has become a staple in our house. Even my kiddos love it!
I make a big batch of this once a month and keep it stored in a mason jar in the fridge. I just give the jar a shake and top my yogurt!
You can also make some parfaits ahead of time, but be sure to keep the granola separate from the yogurt, or you’ll have soggy granola (unless you like it like that). I prefer the crunch, though!
Granola ToppingCourse: Snacks
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 dash Salt
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Honey
4 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the coconut oil and honey in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the coconut oil is completely melted. Stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
- Stir together the oats mixture and the liquid mixture until the oats are covered.
- Spread the oats evenly onto the cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.