While I’m not a huge fan of banana bread, myself, my kiddos absolutely love it! They especially love chocolate chip banana bread (just add a cup of chocolate chips to this recipe).
My daughter also loves to make banana bread and makes it every week for her farmer’s market stand.
We typically keep our banana bread in the fridge. I cut them into kid-sized pieces and put them in snack-sized ziplock bags. I’ve found that since these are so moist, they will mold very quickly in the pantry (if you can keep your kids from eating them all first).
This is also one of my favorite things to make since it’s much healthier than the alternatives out there- super processed muffins, doughnuts, etc. I typically swap out the sugar for Splenda when I make these for my kids.
Banana BreadCourse: Breakfast, healthy, snacks
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 cup melted Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
2 cups All Purpose Flour
6 tbsp Milk
2 tsp Baking Soda
4-5 Small Bananas
- Using a fork, mash bananas into a large bowl until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Allow the batter to sit at room temperature (covered) for 1 hour.
- Grease pans and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until cooked through.
- This makes 2 small loaves.